Website Developer (Voila Community Help)
Voila Community Help is a not-for-profit organization that is involved in a number of different community service activities such as facilitating the virtual incubators, running free virtual schools and youth training. Our mission is to establish a self-sustained thriving community where true sense of collaboration and harmony occurs.
- Helps manage and maintain the website from a coding and functionality viewpoint. This includes adding new pages to the website as needed using the HubSpot framework and utilizing coding skills to ensure design consistency across the website.
- Works with the creative and digital marketing teams to ensure that the website is fully functional, responsive and user friendly.
- Works with the Creative Director to execute design deliverables for marketing and other departments.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure that the design collateral communicates clearly in a form that is tailored to the needs of its audience.
- Has a vast knowledge of visual design approaches and best practices for graphic design and web design.
- Works under limited guidance and proactively looks for guidance from others when needed.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related field of study.
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expertise with CMS systems like HubSpot.
- A balance of web coding skills as well as design skills.
- Must have a strong portfolio that demonstrates versatility and a broad range of design knowledge and skills.
This position is funded by the Government of Canada under the Innovation, Science and Economic Development of Canada, Digital Skills for Youth program.