A. Ongoing Academic Advising
Your child will benefit from their own personal academic advisor.Voilà Learning’s academic advisors are all qualified teachers who:
- Communicate, and work directly with your child’s school teacher to monitor the student’s progress
- Administer mid and end of year evaluations
- Create the Voilà Learning Tutoring Guide based on results of the evaluation, including resources in reading, writing and math
- Are a permanent part of the student’s ongoing education
- Guide and advise parents as necessary through the educational system (eg. IPRC, IEP, ALF, transitions, school choices etc.)
You will also receive a newsletter on the first of every month. You will find:
- Quick tips on everything from improving your child’s writing, test-taking, and organization skills
- Updates on what’s happening at Voilà Learning
- How to help you child have a French experience outside of school
- A comprehensive list of books, quotes, riddles and online activities
- An interactive Parent forum where we answer your questions about French learning.
B. Bilingual, Qualified Tutors
Tutors undergo a rigorous recruiting process, and are matched with students according to their interests and qualifications.Tutors are native French speakers (from France or Canada), and levels of French and subject-specific proficiencies are tested for all. Each participates in training sessions that prepare them to deliver the French Curriculum according to our philosophy of education.
C. Individualized Programming and One-on-One Tutoring from Your Home
For each student, we establish an Individualized Tutoring Plan including: Selection of a tutor that complements your child’s needs and personality Sessions structured around your child’s academic needs as well as your personal schedule A balance between subject tutoring and the development of strong study skills Tutoring from your home enabling students to create a positive work environment.